If you live in Melbourne and are moving to or from the Melbourne area, finding the ideal moving strategy can be as great a task as the actual move. You need to find the best way to get your stuff from point A to point B safely and without breaking your bank. Here is a list of the two popular options and a recommendation.
Moving to a new house can be organized chaos at best. It’s always a task which can end in stress or worse tears. There are some many things to organize in such a short period of time it is hard to keep track of it all. Here are a few the tips to help achieve an easy house move like a professional
Support your local companies and hire a mover local or one that has enough moving trucks that they are not two hours away. You want to know if there is an issue they are accessible either by a professional phone, email service or you can visit them without too much fuss.
HIRE A LOCAL FURNITURE MOVER
The most popular option to move your house full of stuff is to hire professional movers. Man With a Truck is a cost effective moving service that offers full service moving of any and all of your furniture. The company provides a range of services including:
- Packing your belongings
- Moving your things from one place to another
- Safely storing your things in case, you are not around
- Organizing your things at your new space (moving your furniture, hanging picture frames, assembling your bed, etc.)
The company offers round the clock customer service, giving you the ability to contact them any time regarding any aspect of your move. If you are looking for the best removalists Melbourne has to offer, Man With a Truck is it.
The company prides itself on delivering the highest levels of service and making your move efficient and fast. They deliver in advance for clients, a complete cost and time estimate free of charge and guarantee that their services will be to your satisfaction.
Here is the list of few packaging instructions that can be followed for hassle-free packing:
- Create a master list of all items you are moving so you can double check them all at the time of loading and unloading.
- Pack separately all personal documents, jewellery and other valuable items and transport them yourself.
- Ensure all items are packed in boxes since they take up less space and hence ensure optimum use of storage space.
- Remember to not to make boxes too heavy. Books can be real offenders at times and must be distributed evenly in all boxes.
- Fragile items like crockery, glassware, jars, art pieces and statues must be packed with plenty of wrapping (newspapers, blankets, towels, bubble wrap) and must be marked FRAGILE.
- CDs and records must be packed vertically instead of flat.
- Take apart large items like bed frames, dressers, dining table, outdoor furniture, etc.
- Pack all screws, bolts and accessories in a separate plastic bag and tape it to the item they belong to
- Cover up all mirrors in bubble wrap, cardboard or blankets.
- Roll carpets and rugs and tape them up.
MAKE SURE TO HAVE YOUR CONTENTS INSURANCE UP TO DATE
Most of the relocation services in Melbourne are insured, but always check. However, even if you choose an insured house removalist service, it is vital for you to perform an in-depth study of their conditions and policies. Some companies may not cover antiques or other types of properties in their policy, therefore, it is essential for you to be aware of what is excluded and get them insured separately. Also checking your other household items will be insured during your relocation.